Meetings & Speakers
- 20 Nov – We have our own Simon Hoole talking to us. He will talk about Switch casting, covering basic kit set up and casting, through to what water is likely to be most productive. Simon has been fishing two handed rods for a number of years and has developed a knowledge base that is to be envied. He will also be there early before the meeting starts to demonstrate casting the two handed rod. It is sure to be an interesting night and we hope to see you all there.
- 18 Dec – Christmas Party
- January – Mohaka River
- February –Ngongotaha River and Rotorua Lakes
- March – Whanganui River – Rodd and Gunn Trophy
- March – Lake Otamangakau
- May – Ngongotaha River and Rotorua Lakes August – Tongariro and Tauranga Taupo
- November – Stillwater Section – Rodd and Gunn Trophy November – Tuition weekend
- December 7, 8, & 9 – Lake Otamangakau
- MEOLA REEF: salt fly excursion could be arranged at short notice if suitable weather and tides coincide
- MANGAWHAI ESTUARY: a salt fly visit to be arranged by D. Symes. Best time: 2 hours before and after mid-day low tide, and with little or easterly wind.
- REGISTER OF MEMBERS INTERESTED IN SALTWATER TRIPS to be compiled by D. Symes. About 8 expressions of interest so far.
Club Contests & Special Event
- 24 Nov 2018 – Stillwater Section – Rodd and Gunn Trophy
- North Shore Fly Fishers Club Salt Water Fly Fishing Competition
- Tuition Trip For Novice Anglers - Expressions Of Interest Sought – Contact Faith Moon (email@example.com)
- Angler Accommodation, An nzfishing.com guide to New Zealand fly fishing accommodation
- Photographic Guide Freshwater Invertebrates
- European Nymphing Techniques