Meetings & Speakers
- 17 July – Barrie Barnes talking to us about fishing the Whanganui River. Barrie has been fishing this area for some time and has developed a wealth of knowledge about it. His presentation will be showing various access points to the Whanganui, Whakapapa & Taringamoutu Rivers. As well as this he will be talking about not just the river entry points but how to get there and extracts from WAMs, riparian and crown lands, etc. This is invaluable information for anyone visiting these fisheries. It is sure to be an interesting night and we hope to see you all there.
- 22 July – Club Day Trip #2
- 10, 11, 12 August – Tongariro River trip (See Newsleter)
- MEOLA REEF: salt fly excursion could be arranged at short notice if suitable weather and tides coincide
- MANGAWHAI ESTUARY: a salt fly visit to be arranged by D. Symes. Best time: 2 hours before and after mid-day low tide, and with little or easterly wind.
- REGISTER OF MEMBERS INTERESTED IN SALTWATER TRIPS to be compiled by D. Symes. About 8 expressions of interest so far.
Club Contests & Special Event
- 10 June – NSFF Tuition Course At Lake Pupuke
- Kai Iwi Lakes – Rodd and Gunn Trophy
- North Shore Fly Fishers Club Salt Water Fly Fishing Competition
- Tuition Trip For Novice Anglers - Expressions Of Interest Sought – Contact Faith Moon (firstname.lastname@example.org)