1st MAY 2016
LAKE PUPUKE CHALLENGE
North Shore Fly Fishers Inc. announces a fishing competition to be held on Sunday 1st May 2016 from 7:00am to 3:30pm. The objective is to promote Lake Pupuke as a fishing spot and to obtain some data about fish numbers, size and condition that will assist the Auckland / Waikato Fish and Game Council in the management of the Lake Pupuke fishery.
- No entry fee or registration. All participants (including juniors) must present a current Fish & Game Licence to collect prizes.
- Any legal fishing method. Sports Fishing Regulations (the most important points are given on the overleaf) must be observed.
- Weigh-in at the Sylvan park reserve, on the elevated area near the car park and toilet block from 3:30 pm. Estimated length of undersized trout or trout that were released would be also appreciated. Prize giving shortly thereafter.
- Anglers keep fish.
- No litter to be left in the water or on the land.
- No motorboats permitted on the Lake. Anyone using watercraft is requested to observe water safety regulations and use a life jacket.
- Anglers participate at their own risk. An adult must supervise children under 12 years of age.
PRIZES FOR THE LAKE PUPUKE CHALLENGE
1st Heaviest Trout An Aluminium Trout Net from Hunts plus $30 Gift Voucher. Total value $84.
2nd Second Heaviest Trout A Snowbee Classic Trout Fishing Bag with Waterproof Lining from Hunts plus $30 Gift Voucher. Total value $84.
3rd Heaviest Trout caught by a Primary or Secondary School Student $30 Fish City Gift
4th Heaviest Alternative Fish Species (not trout) $30 Totally Fly Gift Voucher.
5th Three drawn spot prizes for junior anglers attending weigh in. Participants to pick ticket up at weigh in station between 3:00-3:30 pm 3 x $30 Hunts Sports Gift Vouchers